Air filters and everything you need to know
Saving money is paramount in today’s economy. With inflation rising, prices going up, you want to get the most out of your HVAC equipment. It would be a shame if you needed a costly repair or a new system because of neglect of a simple routine maintenance such as changing an air filter. These filters play an active and crucial role in maintaining the health and efficiency of your furnace and air condensing unit. Therefore, be proactive, learn about these HVAC air filters and save yourself money, time, and a headache.
HVAC Air Filter Facts
- They act as a barrier and catch any contaminants, dust, or pollen within the system thus providing better air quality while the air circulates through the system.
- Installation should be within the return duct or plenum. Also, installation should be made so that the filter can be serviced easily.
- They need to be replaced or cleaned if it is a permanent air filter. Change air filter when dirty and this can usually happen anywhere 1 to 6 months. A good rule of thumb is to check it every month.
- These filters are vital to the operating efficiency of the system. Clogged or very dirty air filters put strain on the system by restricting airflow and lower the operating efficiency of the furnace
- Never run your system without a filter. As a result, the blower motor can suck in contaminants such as small plastic bags or paper towels. Therefore, leading to a clogged coil and possibly a costly repair.
Overall, stay on top of your air filter maintenance and avoid headaches down the road. If you don’t want to do it yourself, Around the Town provides regular maintenance and servicing. Call us today or schedule on our website.