We have had a relatively mild winter so far here in Chicago. However, now that we are in March, old man winter has seemed to start to show up. The days and nights have finally gotten much colder, and we are already getting some snow. The cold temperatures have begun giving our furnaces a workout.
There are many reasons why replacing your furnace should be in your future.
Here are 10 reasons why you should buy an upgraded furnace today:
- Money! Who doesn’t want more money in their pockets? If your furnace is 15 – 20 years old, it probably is not very dependable (some of the older models of furnaces only run at 55% efficiency!). Think of your monthly savings if you upgrade from a 55% efficient furnace to a 90% or 95% efficient furnace! Here are the savings you can project. How much money will you save?
- Financing. Currently, Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas have a financing program for high-efficiency furnaces that allows for financing options for qualified residential customers. You can also apply for a low-interest loan to purchase a high-efficiency furnace through the Illinois Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
- Minimum Efficiency Standards Agreement. If you want this furnace, the right time to get one is this year before stock runs out and prices skyrocket!
- Saving the environment. Since higher efficiency furnaces use less energy, you are lowering greenhouse gas emissions and your carbon footprint.
- Is your furnace the right size for your home? Have your heating needs changed? Have you added to your house, finished your attic, or finished off your basement? All of these change will change the load on your furnace. You may find that you have the wrong sized furnace for your home!
- Quiet. The new furnaces on the market are much quieter than the old model furnaces most homes have.
- Resale. A new high efficiency furnace is an excellent selling point in this real estate market. This is because it is a great way to stand out from the crowd of other houses on the market. Plus, you can show your new buyers how much lower their heating bills will be!
- Do you still have a warranty on your old furnace? Many older furnaces, you no longer have a warranty on them. Depending on what repairs you may need, they may cost more than replacing your furnace would!
- Peace of Mind. If your current furnace is over 20 years old, you know it is on its last legs. You don’t want to worry about your furnace quitting in the middle of the night. With an upgraded furnace, you won’t have to worry about it!
- You deserve it! You deserve to save money, have peace of mind, and enjoy staying warm this winter!
There are many reasons why you need to get an upgraded furnace this winter. The ten reasons to get a new furnace listed above are just a few reason why. There is no better time than now to invest in your home and install a new furnace!