We have had a fairy mild winter so far here in Chicago. However, now that we are in February, old man winter has seemed to finally show up. The days and night have finally gotten much colder, and we are finally getting some snow. The cold temperatures are now finally giving our furnaces a workout.
There are many reasons why a new furnace should be in your future. Here are 10 reasons why you should buy a new furnace this winter:
- Money! Who doesn’t want more money in their pockets? If your furnace is 15 – 20 years old, it probably is not very efficient (some of the older model furnaces only run at 55% efficiency!). Think of your monthly savings if you upgrade from a 55% efficient furnace to a 90% or 95% efficient furnace! Here are the savings you can project (image from https://www.energysavers.gov/):How much money will you save?
- Financing. Currently, Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas have a financing program for high-efficiency furnaces steps in which allows for financing options for qualified residential customers. You can apply also for a low-interest loan to purchase a high-efficiency furnace through the Illinois Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
- Minimum Efficiency Standards Agreement. This will go into effect in May 2013. After that, you will no longer be able to get an 80% efficient furnace. If you want this furnace, the best time to get one is this year before stock runs out and prices skyrocket!
- Saving the environment. Since higher efficiency furnaces use less energy, you are lowering greenhouse gas emissions and your carbon footprint.
- Is your furnace the right size for your home? Have your heating needs changed? Have you added onto your house, finished your attic, or finished off your basement? All of these change will change the load on your furnace. You may find out that you have the wrong sized furnace for your home!
- Quiet. The new furnaces on the market now are much more quiet than the old model furnaces most homes have.
- Resale. A new high efficiency furnace is a great selling point in this real estate market when you are trying to stand out from the crowd of other houses on the market. Plus, you can show your new buyers how much lower their heating bills will be!
- Do you still have a warranty on your old furnace? On many older furnaces, you no longer have a warranty on them. Depending on what repairs you may need, they may cost more than a new furnace would!
- Peace Of Mind. If your current furnace is over 20 years old, you know it is on its last legs. You don’t want to worry about your furnace quitting in the middle of the night. With a new furnace, you won’t have to worry about it!
- You deserve it! You deserve to save money, have peace of mind, and enjoy staying warm this winter!